Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cowling-Smith Reception


As promised, here is a little of what kept me busy in South Carolina.  My BFF Kathryn got married.  I got to plan many of the wedding details with Kathryn while in Utah.  It was so fun to see our hard work come together.

Meet Mr. and Mrs. David Smith
(I swiped some of the photographer's un-edited photos to fill y'all in!  These were some of my favorites)
Photos by Taylor Giddens

Now on to the details:

We went with a bright shabby chic theme, and I'm thrilled with how it all turned out.

Photo by Taylor Giddens
We made labels for all the foods, thanks to my Mom's Silhouette machine.

            Photo by Mary Abbott
Photo by Taylor Giddens
Breaking up the food tables into round tables made handling the food so easy.

Photo by Taylor Giddens

This picture, while good, doesn't quite do these adorable table runners justice.

Photo by Taylor Giddens

The Bride is a nanny by profession (and has a babysitting company too!) so making the party kid-friendly was a must.  We also had a cute little set up for eating and coloring.

Photo by Mary Abbott

We had a huge room to decorate (biggest Stake Center Gym I've ever been in), so our decorations had to be spread a little thin.  They looked great in person, but I'm not thrilled with how they photographed.  Trust me, it was cute.

(Two of the four bridesmaids)
Photo by Mary Abbott

Photo by Mary Abbott

One of the best parts of the reception was the photo booth.  Taylor Giddens, the photographer, did an awesome job.

Hundreds of pictures were taken.  Here are some of my favorites:



(had to throw one in of my dear Tutu and Rara)

Kathryn's (very serious) niece.  Love it.

We fed them cake,


and sent them off!


With few exceptions, the entire wedding was DIY.  Since I live in Utah, that meant cramming all those cute little projects in the week before the wedding.  We (my Mom, sister, and grandma too!) were busy, but it was totally worth it.

We love you Mr. and Mrs. Smith!

2 comments:

  1. k, so your family is the top of party throwers and amazing! Not to mention supersonic fun!! I love all the detail!! The dowels with the ribbon, Is that the same cupcake tree that Rara made for your wedding?? I love that thing! I was telling a friend here about it and that I had to make myself one!The photo booth is such a cute cute fun idea. It seemed to fit in perfectly with her fun theme.
    One last question, are those white things made out of coffee filters? are they mums? and did you get the idea from Martha Stewart? I want to do this for an outside party and tie dye the coffee filters. Could you share the info on how you made them?
    I love what the sillouette can do, I'm just not sold that I can work the device and would be disappointed if I got one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention the TONS of cupcake wrappers that darn Silhouette cut!!

    It all turned out so well! Good thing we like Kathryn!!

    ReplyDelete