Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Google, what?


Do you find yourself searching online A LOT?  I do.  On any given day you can find me reading up on everything from Blue Whales to cute new crafts on Martha Stewart to dispelling the mysteries of LOST.  I love reading, and I love learning.

So today in my couponing email account I got an email for one of the newsletters I subscribe to.  It said that if you use "swagbucks.com" as your search engine (instead of google.com, yahoo.com, etc.) then you can earn and redeem points.  The lady writing the article said she uses her points towards $5 Amazon gift cards (45 points each), but there are tons of things you can get.  They even have Target gift cards!  So I decided to test it out and see just how easy it is.  I just joined this afternoon and I already have 6 points.  You don't get points every time you use it, it's just random.  According to the article, it takes about a week's worth of normal searching to get the 45 points.  Getting gift cards for things I already do?  I'm in!

If you're interested, you can join here.  You can set the website as your home page, and even add it to your tool bar (like google) so you remember to use it often.  And yes, you get points for referring people, so you should totally click on my link.  I'll let you know how it all checks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment