Friday, July 15, 2011

You can't quit. You're the mother.

Quote from Gordon B. Hinckley and I don't even know the context.  I'm envisioning a mother stepping on a lego for the 100th time yelling "I quit" in agony.  Then a smart little boy gives that reply.  I'm sure the real context is completely different.

Seems like my "Mother of the Year" moments are becoming more frequent instead of less.
I'm not completely hopeless, I just have my moments.

Like when I forget to feed Millie breakfast until lunch time because we are running errands.  Like this morning.

Maybe when my kids are grown I'll be able to keep my head straight.
For now, enjoy my favorite part of our new place with me:

Little entry way leading to the front porch

The bright sun room, great for playing.



We're slowing getting the rest of it put together.  I'm also researching new doctors for us.  When we finally make it to the pediatrician I'll be able to tell you how Millie is doing.  From my perspective, she's doing great.

Seriously though.  Sometimes I feel like she's eating us out of house and home.  It's great.  She easily eats two large scrambled eggs and half a piece of toast for breakfast, for example.  She's talking up a storm, but is hard to understand.  She calls everyone and everything "dada," including me.  The newest word she's added to her vocabulary is "flower."  She easily climbs on and off the couches.  She attends nursery every Sunday, and loves it.  She'll give us kisses when we ask.  She only naps once a day, which I'm sad to say only lasts two hours.  She'll occasionally humor me by doing what I ask her to, like "go inside" when we are finished playing outside.  Oh, and she loves Wonder Pets.  I'll admit I get a kick out of it too.  Millie and I often have giggle fits that I just love to pieces.  She is such a happy child, and I'll never quit being her Mom.  Even if she calls me Dada.

3 comments:

  1. Love the new place!! Looks great and roomy!! miss ya'll xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, she look so much older since the last time I saw her. What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sunroom is definitely better than mine! lol

    And I can't believe she's talking! I know she should be...but it just seems so crazy to me :) Keep up the good work, Mother!

    ReplyDelete