Monday, May 21, 2012

Hello Windy City!

Sorry to leave y'all hanging.  We made our decision a good week ago and life has been a whirlwind ever since.

We're officially moving to Chicago!

We are thrilled and so sad at the same time.  We have really loved living here in Connecticut and have tried our best to make friends without the mindset of moving.  It is so awesome to watch Millie bounce around from group to group after Church greeting all of her friends (any age group will do for that girl).  We feel like we've made Connecticut our home, and leaving home is never easy to do.

On the other hand, we are so excited to be moving close to my Uncle KC and his family.  They have promised lots of help with the little ones and entertainment, and we intend to take them up on it all.  We've started house hunting, and have every intention of buying a house near them so my cousins can ride their bikes to our house as promised.  Won't that be fun?  We adore those girls.

Yes, Chicago gets very cold.  I think we'll survive.  The town we are planning on moving to (Geneva) has everything.  I'm so happy to be living near a Hobby Lobby and not far from a Chick-fil-a again.  Actually pretty much any store I could want is there.  And I can just pull up to Target and park, without paying.  Here in Stamford it's only $1, but it's the principle.

I haven't even hit on the perks or real Chicago, but we are excited to explore it as well.  We have only heard wonderful things about the city.  Any recommendations of places we need to see?  During our summer in Boston I read Devil in the White City so I've got the World's Fair fair grounds on my list of things to see.  That book was spooky, but I really enjoyed all of the incredible history.  If you don't scare easily, I'd recommend it.

So we've been researching movers, doctors, houses, preschools, and pretty much everything else you can think of.  We're moving at the end of June so I will be about 30 weeks pregnant.  It is a lot to deal with right now, but a few months of stress is completely worth years of comfortable living.

Wish us luck!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move to Chicago, sounds exciting! Good luck! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! That is exciting! It is so nice to live by family..especially cousins for your kiddos to play with! Also...I can't believe you had to pay for parking at Target. I would totally be broke since I go there multiple times a week! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe you are leaving us! :( We will be very sorry to lose you. At least I can stay in touch via blog, though right?

    The girls want to have Millie over soon for a playdate. Let me know what works for you and how I can help with your moving plans.
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That is so exciting for yall!! I have a friend who is OB.SESS.ED with Chicago. I'll ask her about some places!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an exciting change! I hope everything goes well for y'all and I can't wait to see all the things that Chicago brings for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister-in-law just moved from Geneva. I will have to ask her about some fun places for you guys to go.

    ReplyDelete