Sunday, July 26, 2009

Busy Week!


This didn't really happen this week, but since I rarely take pictures at work I thought I'd post a little something about what I do. This is in front of our office (obviously with a Boy Scout statue). The girl standing up on the statue with me just had a baby 9 days before this was taken! We got together because we won an award called the "High 5 Club" for starting five new Boy Scout units in one year.

But this week:
Temple #7: Mt. Timpanogas


Instead of just going with Matt and Jessica, we invited ourselves to Matt's family Temple trip. Thanks for letting us join you, Tiner's!

Happy Pioneer Day! Buck and I stopped by the much anticipated "Taste of the Valley" here in Provo. We sort of cheated the system (don't tell!) and only paid for one adult. I got all the samples, and anything I couldn't finish Buck ate. Seems honest to me!


There were only 25 vendors, and between 2,000 & 3,000 people, so we waited in a lot of lines. Much to our disappointment, many of the vendors that participated were national chains. We were hoping to find new local restaurants, but basically every place there we had already been too. Bummer! On the upside, for $10 we got WAY more food than either of us could handle. We basically ate lunch at: P.F. Changs, Tucanos, Goodwood BBQ, Sizzler, Gloria's Little Italy, Denny's, Spoon Me, Costa Vida, California Pizza Kitchen, Pizzeria Seven Twelve, Noodles & Co, and Froyo all at once! The "samples" were HUGE at some places, and just okay at others. I would recommend going sometime if you're in the area.


We also made it to a wedding reception! Below is Buck's beloved accounting group from the fall semester of the Junior Core. They really love each other. The one on the far right is getting married next week!


Here we all are together! Buck and I were particularly excited for the wedding since we've known both Glen and Jamie since before they were dating. Getting to see a love blossom is so fun! We're so excited for you guys!


We were pretty excited about their party favors...

Jones Cream Soda with pictures of the happy couple!


Here's to you, Glen and Jamie!

2 comments:

  1. So is the temple a goal or what? ha And I really wish I could see your dress a little better in the Mt. Timpanogas pic...is it an old dress familiar to me, or something new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, we're trying to go to all of the temples in Utah this year (well 12 of the 13 since we've already been to Provo a lot). And the dress is an old favorite...just a little Isaac navy number you may remember haha!

    ReplyDelete