Tuesday, February 9, 2010

11 Weeks down, 5 (*hopefully*) to go!

Can I just say, things are starting to get boring around here?
We're excited about seeing Millie every day, and she is still growing like a weed, but there aren't too many exciting things going on each week like there used to be. For that, we are thankful! Isn't this the point in pregnancy where babies just get fat anyways?
Millie, 11 weeks/35 weeks old.


The biggest excitement happened last night.
Millie got a new bed! Or should I say cage?
I always call the babies in these "caged animals," and now we have our very own caged animal on our hands!


It's actually quite fitting for her. Millie has taken to grunting instead of crying, much like a little animal. We love it.

We are so excited for her to be in this crib also because Millie smells so much better! Having a stinky diaper in a heated incubator for a few hours really sticks with a kid, let me tell you!
I realized last night it looks like we never hold her since all her pictures are taken by herself or with props. I promise we hold her and love her!

Buck took that picture and I just have to say he's no Mary Abbott. Sometimes a girl just needs her old roommates for a photo shoot. Let's have one this summer, okay?


Millie is much more photogenic than I. If you don't believe me just take a look...


By the way I tried about 3 different ways to turn the picture but nothing worked. Turn your head for heavens sake.

Medically Speaking...
  1. Millie is well over 4 pounds. My guess (since we only weigh her every other night now) is 4 pounds 3 ounces.
  2. Her eyes are still at stage 2 zone 2 of ROP. I missed the doctor stopping by yesterday, and never got a phone call, so it's safe to assume she isn't having surgery just yet. They are still checking her every few days.
  3. She can officially maintain her own body temperature! That's why we were able to change beds.
  4. Millie is on 1/4 liter of oxygen. The next step is a trace, and then nothing. She still swings a good bit, but typically has her oxygen set between 21-25%. Some doctors think she'll be off before she comes home, others don't agree. We have mixed emotions about home monitors.
  5. Basically all Millie needs to come home now is to eat on her own...and we're starting this afternoon! I will attempt to nurse her, but because of her "sluggish" vocal cord me may have to go with bottles. Either way it takes a lot of energy for babies to eat all on their own so we are still weeks away from taking her home.

I can't wait to have this girl at home with me. Love, love, love her.


2 comments:

  1. Aww that's all great news! She's grown so much! Cute picture of you 2 by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this post just makes me beam no lie! I'm tooooo excited for you guys!! Thanks for the shout out ;) photoshoot we will!

    ReplyDelete