Thursday, February 25, 2010

94 Days Down, 20 To Go!

We've come a long way!
Look at this little chunker...
Raise your hands if you want to go home.

She thought it would be cute to show us how big her belly is getting.

We already told her she can't have her belly button pierced.


Did I mention she loves her new room?!?



"Millie, I'm having a baby shower tonight. There will be dessert."
She's licking her lips in envy.
Wish I could bring her.

Updates:
  1. Millie is now 3 months old!
  2. She now weighs 5.5 lbs.
  3. Her eyes are basically the same as last week (slightly improved, but still stage 2 zone 2). The only difference is now the doctors will come every 3-7 days instead of 2-3 days. I'm not sure why the switch, but I'm not the infant eye expert.
  4. She has this funny rash thing on her neck. We put some skin protectant on it and forgot to pass that along to the neonatologist. As a result they thought she had something growing there and ordered daily baths. Hahaha! We're still bathing her daily to try and clear up the rash, but it wasn't as bad as they thought.
  5. She is officially the oldest baby in the NICU, that's why we got the penthouse.
  6. She is officially the cutest baby in the NICU. Well maybe not officially...
  7. Millie still hasn't quite caught on to nursing. Sometimes she gets about 50% of her feeding, but she has yet to hit the required amount of 75%.
  8. She is 37 weeks gestation which means she gets a mobile on her crib! Thankfully they have some at the hospital for her to use.

My sweet friends Lisa, Jessica, and Betsey are throwing me (and Millie) a baby shower tonight. I'm so excited. Look for pictures later! I'll try and put her Barbie picture in with that post since I obviously forgot it this time.

Also I keep hearing about people that I don't even know following Millie's story. I think it is so sweet that so many people love to read about her. Thank you for keeping up with us, and I would not think it was strange if you ever feel like commenting. I love the encouraging words.


6 comments:

  1. Oh law Niki! You would tell that innocent sweet baby she can't have a belly ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sure has grown! Those chunky cheeks and round belly mean shes fat and happy~ a perfect baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe she is already over 5lbs that is great!!!! Yay Millie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so glad to see Millie's progress and I wish I could be there for your shower! What a special girl you guys have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys - I am a Millie groupie haha. I am Meredith Doane Harwards sister from Boston. I am so excited for you that Millie is progressing so well! She is GORGEOUS! And such a fashionista!! Meredith is expecting twins in April (30th) but she has been having some slight complications and is back in the hospital at 31 weeks along...it started at 23 weeks she was admittted...that is when I heard about you guys and checked out your blog....I have been hooked ever since. She is precious and I hope you don't mind me being a cyber friend! Good luck and keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey yall! im a Millie groupie too! i am Candace Fox. I am friends with your mom Heidi. your baby is getting so big and she is so beautiful! your blogs are so sweet. thanks for blogging.
    Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete