Saturday, September 4, 2010

Busy Weekends

We have been busy.

Last Saturday I had two work events and a ward activity.

Since I work for the Boy Scouts, I get to attend some pretty cool events.

This event is called the Milk Bottle Regatta. Scouts basically build rafts out of milk jugs, then put them in the water, load on them, and race one another. It was awesome to watch.

It was so fun to show Millie off as well :)



We also participated in the World's Longest Pinewood Derby.

This is "our" car's race.


We won. Thanks for letting me borrow Flurry, Riley. It made us proud.
This wasn't exactly over the weekend, but still noteworthy.

I've been worried about Millie's progress with sitting up, so I needed to find a way to keep her interested in sitting at all.

I went to the library and checked out a bunch of baby DVD's. It turns out she isn't a big fan of any Baby Einstein just yet, but she can't get enough of a panda named Pim that speaks Italian.


Today, (yes, I'm already posting!) we went to the 12th Temple in Utah. We made the drive last night to Monticello (near Moab, if you are familiar) and wrapped up our trip this morning.

This is our first picture of our little family at the Temple :)

Although we didn't eat here, we thought a quick picture would be appropriate.


When we got home, we found this sweet scene:


Tara and Ian made it! Tara is my cousin from Hawaii that is in Utah doing this art thingy in the boon docks with her husband, Ian. At least that's what I think they are doing.

We haven't seen them yet thanks to Ian's cousin's wedding reception, but we're excited to meet Ian and spend some time with them.

Who knows? Maybe I'll post again this week.

By the way, Millie's cousin Jocelyn (Buck's sister's baby) arrived yesterday. So yes, it has already been a big weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Tell us how it is meeting Ian!

    Nora has that pink outfit too, sadly she's outgrown it before she's even taken the tags off!!

    I love Buck's winking picture and Millie hugging you! Isn't it the best when she puts her arms around you like she's hugging you! It makes me melt! =)

    ReplyDelete