Sunday, September 12, 2010

Feed Me!

Our little one is so independent these days.
She's been holding her bottle for a while, but now we can pretty much hand her the bottle and walk away! We do stop by half way to burp her, but this little lady handles the rest all by herself.

Here's a little video to prove it. She loves to smile while she's eating.


Her first food (other than rice cereal) was peas. I love peas, so naturally any daughter of mine would love them too.

We thought she enjoyed them until...

we gave her sweet potatoes. Now we know what love is!

See for yourself:


Last weekend we got Millie's crib bedding (thanks again Ahbi, for making it).

Millie loves playing with her toys all by herself. She especially loves her bunny and baby doll.

We haven't finished decorating, so you'll have to just enjoy looking at her crib for now.
Isn't the bedding beautiful? And my sweet cousin, Michelle, made Millie those letters back in March or April. I think they go wonderfully.


Love the crib skirt.


Millie loves it all too.
That's a Hello Kitty Easter Bunny she's chewing on. She's already into Hello Kitty and I couldn't be more proud.

Since our darling Millie is already 9 months old, I am working on her birthday party. It will be Hello Kitty themed and I'm so excited. I got the idea from my cousin Lucy. All summer long Lucy kept telling me Millie made the cutest cat noises, even when she was crying.
Yesterday Millie started eating green beans and has enjoyed those more than peas. Tuesday we're starting her on carrots. It sounds so crazy, but it is really exciting for me!
We worked out the formula situation by buying it from Costco. It is really reasonably priced! We don't have a membership, but we have some willing friends which is basically the next best thing.
I'm waiting (still) for the therapist to call me back. The plan is for her to come do an evaluation of Millie to see if she needs any help. Last night I saw a little girl walking/crawling around on all fours like Mogley from the Jungle Book and it scared me a little bit. It was obvious the little girl was old/big enough to walk but couldn't. That's just one example of what could eventually be Millie's case, so hopefully this therapist will help us catch anything we can and teach us anything we need to do to help Millie. I'm still a little worried about her back being so tight. She's "calling me on Monday" so stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. that bedding is just precious! precious bedding for a precious little girl! and the bed skirt is is just too much!!! but tell me, does she cry for the south at all??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millie is such a doll! I love those top pictures with her cute bracelets.
    That bedding is to die for!! The crib skirt is sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That crib skirt might just be the cutest thing I have ever seen. The bracelets are ADORABLE. Your cousin needs to make a pattern/instructions on the skirt so we can copy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute bedding for sure! SO fun to see you and finally meet Miss Millie last week . . . she was donning a cute outfit with adorable bracelets! ;o) Give her an extra hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the letters go so well with her bedding (which is absolutely ADORABLE!) love it! and yes, i do need to blog. i'm horrible at it...

    ReplyDelete