Monday, August 22, 2011

Twenty One Months


I haven't written about how well Millie is doing recently, so I thought I'd catch you up.  It is hard for me to believe my little Millie is almost two.

Millie is quite independent.  She even opted for the bigger rocker in her room.
Don't worry, I didn't squeeze into the little one.


Pondering.


She swears up and down she's ready for high-heels,



but when I pull out these beauties there is no denying her hillbilly bone.



Oh, and until we find a children's table and chairs she'll be taking her snacks on the floor.  It's just too hard to dance to Wonder Pets in her high chair.

I finally picked out a pediatrician for Millie last night.  I called today to set up an appointment, but the line was busy.  Isn't that strange?  Oh well.  I'm not in a rush, and to be honest I'm always nervous to go to the doctor and take those little quizzes on what your child can do.  I know she isn't caught up yet, but she's doing fantastic.

Millie screamed her little heart out on vacation with my family.  I am happy to say her screaming has decreased significantly.  I think it is because she learned a few more words and ways to communicate with me.  She, bless her heart, figured out how to pull on my clothes.  Isn't she an angel for just learning that?  She also uses "cracker" like its going out of style.   And whenever she hears the fridge open, she makes a mad dash to the kitchen so she can grab what she wants out of there.  I promise we aren't starving her, it just sounds like it.

This little girl is shoe obsessed.  Actually dress-up obsessed.  After a bath, she insists we put shoes on her before her diaper.  We sometimes comply.  I think she just knows her shoes are too cute to not be used all of the time.  She also insist on putting any clothing on she can.  I was a big fan of dress-up myself, so this makes my heart smile.  I think her love of jewelry goes without saying.

She weighs about 22 lbs (on our scale, diaper on) which I am okay with.  I know it sounds like we starve her, but she actually eats almost what I eat in a day so I know she's gaining what she can.  She's tall enough to touch the door handles, but not tall enough to turn them yet.

I've had the chance to sub in nursery twice, so I've gotten to see her interact with others.  I love to watch her play little games with other kids, or let them give her hugs.  She's not the hugging type for some reason.  She will occasionally carry a baby and give it kisses though.  She still chews on crayons, but what can you do in nursery?

She's doing great.  I really am proud of all her accomplishments.  I would be genuinely surprised if she was "caught up" by her 2nd birthday (Thanksgiving Day this year!), but I'm betting she isn't far from it.

1 comment:

  1. Those little cowboy boots are so adorable! She sounds like a real character, and I'm glad she's doing so well :) It's obviously because you're a super awesome mom!

    I can't believe she's almost 2 either...where does the time go?!

    ReplyDelete