Thursday, December 15, 2011

Listening

I recently read a friend's blog post where she wrote about how affected she was by positive comments on her blog and on facebook.  It's so true.  Why do we still love to be accepted by others?

In pondering over her words I couldn't help but think of how much I love comments.  Although my comments tend to be from the same folks, I still love any feedback.  I couldn't help but think about how bad I am at doing the same.  Here I am going on and on about myself, loving when others listen, but am I doing the same?  Regretfully, I am not.

It's not entirely my fault.  If you have to place blame, I point my finger at the iPad.  The way the internet browser is set up, it is impossible to look at all your blogs you follow on your dashboard.  So since last Christmas (when we got our first iPad) I've had to rely on my friends posting links on facebook with their new blog posts, remembering blog addresses, or getting on an old fashioned computer!  Poor me, right?

Well feel sorry for me no longer!  I just figured out how to look at all my followed blogs on our iPad.  It is just something they worked out with the new blogger dashboard, and I'm so glad they did.

So when I'm sitting on the couch watching another episode of Pawn Stars with Buck playing with the iPad I can add checking my favorite blogs to my mix of Pinterest and Facebook.

So you could say I'm officially listening.

6 comments:

  1. Really? Like you can scroll down now to see all the blogs?? It's really hard to tap on the right things as it is on this iPod. One iPad would be nice...Aren't I your favorite sister??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! is it sad that i always look to see what comments ive gotten first? thanks for commenting on my recent posts by the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about comments. It makes you feel like people care and value what you have to say. If they don't comment, it seems to say they don't care.

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We watch pawn stars all the time, haha! I thought we were the only ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can remember my account info to log in so I can make comments~ that makes me sadder, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me laugh when I read it because I totally thought the other day "Man, Niki is so good at leaving comments on my blog and I'm the worst about leaving them on hers!" Most of the time I'm looking at them on my phone and just too lazy to use it to type a comment. And because half the time I will type the comment only to realize it won't let me sign in and it was all for nothing. Talk about annoying...

    ReplyDelete