Sunday, December 18, 2011

NYC Date Night


We took advantage of a free Friday night and some good friends by heading into the city to see the Christmas festivities first hand.  It was wonderful.

In case you've been seeing too much of Millie (is that even possible?) here are a ton of pictures of Buck and I.  I'll just go ahead and say it.  We only have one pose.  We really need to fix that.

We were starving when we got there, so we grabbed a quite bite from a street vendor.  Always enjoyable.

We though these more modern jumbo lights were so neat.

Across from Radio City.


THE Christmas tree

This is what happens when you try to get a picture in front of the ice skating rink only to have someone offer to help and think you're going for a picture in front of the tree.

Since we knew y'all would be wondering why we didn't ice skate, here is Buck with a few thousand of his closest friends.

Blurry, but you can see the masses better.
 I was expecting to see tons of amazing store displays, but only a few stores really came through for me.  Bergdorf Goodman was incredible.  This one is my favorite and was made of paper.
I'm still afraid of the flash I guess.
FAO Schwarz was a good time, even without Millie.  I enjoyed running through the doll section dreaming of Millie's future toy obsessions.  Madam Alexander had me drooling...almost.  They had some pretty spectacular Barbies as well.  Vera Wang now designs Bridal Barbies, and the Grace Kelly Barbies were beautiful.  I'm a Barbie girl all the way, if you couldn't guess.

Buck got a kick out of the Barbie Foosball Table.
 We also enjoyed the giant candy.
Can you believe he let me pose like that in public?
 One of our last stops of the night was the Macy's.
The window displays were awesome.  The store itself is massive.  Eight floors even.

Standing right where the parade performances are each year.

Taking in the wooden escalators.

We rode the escalators all the way to the 8th floor.
 The 8th floor is the North Pole with the mailbox.
Buck mailed a letter to Santa for Millie.
We also happened to walk in UNI QLO which seems like a great place to buy a black sweater.  I don't think I'd go in looking for something other than the basics.

It might not look like we did a whole lot, but when you factor in walking everywhere and our commute to and from Connecticut our dear friends were stuck with Millie for over seven hours.  It was a great date night that won't be forgotten any time soon.

8 comments:

  1. I'm soo jealous! I haven't been to NYC since I was like 16. (oh, and I totally laughed when you said buck let you pose with the hersheys in a picture! My husband is always embarrassed by me and my silly poses for pictures!) I'm glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! Don't you just love when strangers think they are helping you by taking the wrong picture?! I always feel so awkward. Also, LOVE your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i recognize that great bag you are carrying...an oldie, but a goodie, right?! gotta love those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and i'm so glad you guys got to go and experience it at christmastime! certainly the best time to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks glorious! wish we could have watched millie for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome that your friends took on Millie for that long so you could go have some fun. I can't wait to see all of that stuff! Even though it won't be Christmas anymore, I'm sure it will still be amazing :D Although seeing you guys will be way better than anything else NYC has to offer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had a great night in NYC! We've seen almost all of those you've seen too and they are so much fun and so magical. Cute coat by the way :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buck-
    I will take you on in Barbie Foosball.
    -Nathan

    ReplyDelete