Friday, May 7, 2010

Free At Last!


After a few visits to the doctor this week...


Millie is now cordless! We absolutely love carrying her all around without having to tote a tank too. Nap time is so much easier.

And yes, I made her wear her sunglasses to nap. You never know when you might encounter bright light.
Well maybe I just wanted to try them out since her ears are free from the tubing.


Now that Millie is cordless, we can go anywhere.
We decided to enjoy one of my hometown's specialties one morning...
strawberry pickin'!

Millie wasn't so sure I knew what I was doing.


There were so many strawberries that our basket was pretty much full after 10 mins.
We know better than that though. To really get your moneys worth you have to leave with your basket overflowing. This takes strategy.


Millie was so excited to run into her cousin Garrett pickin' strawberries too! Well maybe she slept through that part, but I'm sure she would have been excited.


Being a parent isn't "easy," but it is wonderful. Even at 4:15 AM when Millie starts to growl. Sometimes she asks to eat and sometimes she holds off for a few more hours. When she really starts crying there is nothing like getting out of bed and seeing her face for the first time that day. She's so sad, and in a sort of panic. I always start off a little grouchy getting out of the bed. Then when I peer into her bed a big smile comes across my face. I love seeing whatever new crazy thing she has done (kicked off her blanket, lost her arm in her sleeve, turned herself sideways...). She's always upset until she sees me (or Buck). Its like a calm comes over her once we make eye contact. My heart swells and I think, "wow, I am so glad I got up. She really needed me."

I'm starting to see what this "feeling needed" business is all about. Heaven help me when Millie goes away to college.

I love being her momma.

3 comments:

  1. Agh....I'm so HAPPY! She always looked adorable, but with out her cords we truly appreciate her beauty. So happy for ALL of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news! We're glad you're all doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather there looks beautiful!! Glad you are having such a great summer, and a tubeless one especially! Go Millie!

    ReplyDelete