Friday, May 21, 2010

Worst Mom ever.

I haven't blogged for a while, so this is a "catch up" post of Millie's adventures.

We'll start with the good, then we'll cover the bad.

The Good:

I had my first Mother's Day. It was so fun!


Millie wore one of my favorite dresses in honor of me. She's so thoughtful.
(Thanks Chrys, for the breathtaking dress)

My baby daddy (and my Brother-in-law) made dinner for my sister and I. It was a wonderful treat!


Buck's family took us to the Isle of Palms for Millie's first beach trip.

She loved it!

If you look closely, you can see the sand all around her eyes. She didn't even mind.

Did I ever mention she falls asleep to ocean waves in her sound machine normally?

Like butter in her daddy's arms next to those waves.


We took her to Ben & Jerry's for the first time.


She didn't even mind not sharing my cone.


The Bad:

Millie may have enjoyed the beach a little too much. Bless her heart, I did what I could. I put on sunscreen, a huge hat, sunglasses, and kept her under an umbrella almost the whole time! Honest, I didn't mean to.

Millie got sun burnt. Not just a little color either. One side of her face got really burnt. Her skin even blistered up. See what I mean? Worst Mom ever. I told you.

After seeing Millie go through so much pain to save her life, I never want her to feel unnecessary pain (like every mother). I especially don't want to be responsible for this unnecessary pain.

I haven't had the heart to blog and share this update with y'all, so I've been avoiding it all. We've been in hiding at my Dad's house, and thankfully she is almost all better. After having those yucky stickers on her face for so long, I was really looking forward to her sweet cheeks being clear!

I warned you. Worst Mom ever.

Actually I'm feeling tons better now that she's better and not in pain anymore.

Oh well, I'm sure it won't be my last mistake.

2 comments:

  1. Wish we could see her sunburn like you can- these picks don't show much~ I think your making excuses for not writing... huh?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked the dress. The beach is a demon only because the sand is so white and reflects everything from all angles. Don't be so hard on yourself! You aren't the first and definitely won't be the last. Don't take all the blame! LOL, It's not like it was just you and her there!,,,just kidding. But, this girl is a fighter, a trooper and those blisters aren't going to keep her down. Glad she's doing better. Did you put milk or yogurt on her? or was it real meds?

    ReplyDelete