Saturday, January 15, 2011

Secret Weapon #1

First, look at my awesome new KitchenAid decoration! It was a Christmas gift from my sister (made with a Silhouette), but the idea was from here.

That was to motivate you to cook.

I have just a few favorite recipes easy to make, and sure to impress I thought I'd share with y'all. I would take pictures, I just don't have the camera or skills to make them turn out great. So you'll have to take my word for how yummy they are.

If you are like me, you occasionally gather with friends or family for dinner. Sometimes I get an assignment. Sometimes it is something I like to make, like rolls or dessert. Occasionally it is a salad. Blah. Chop up lettuce, throw on some veggies, and bring a bottle of dressing? Not my idea of good. So how do you make a good salad? Well my friends, I have one for you.

This recipe comes from my Aunt Karen (wonderful cook!) by way of her friend Kelli. If you were at Millie's birthday party, this is the salad I made. It was a big hit (always is), and I haven't been good at sharing the recipe like I promised.

Secret Weapon #1:
Kelli's Salad

Salad Ingredients:
1 head Romain Lettuce
1 bunch Read Leaf Lettuce
1 regular size carton cottage cheese
1 red onion, sliced
1/2 lb swiss cheese, grated
1 lb diced and sauteed bacon

Dressing Ingredients:
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup white vinegar
1 tsp dehydrated onion
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar

First, combine everything for the salad dressing. It should sit in the fridge for three hours prior to adding it into the salad.

Just before you walk out the door, mix the cheese and bacon into the chopped lettuce. Then mix it with the dressing that you pre-prepared.

Easy, peasy. And everyone will ask you for the recipe. Way to steal the show with a salad.

Stay tuned for a few more secret weapons. Just a few though, this isn't a food blog. It's a Millie blog!


2 comments:

  1. Lani has a silhouette?? Jealous! I definitely love the decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it fit! You can make whatever you want when you're here. I think it probably needs to be changed out every once in a while.=) Glad mom got a Silhouette. (But, she doesn't know how to work it very well and threatened to send it back last week!)

    ReplyDelete