Monday, April 4, 2011

Beautiful Weekend

Blog or pack?  Clearly I'd rather blog.  Really I'd rather do anything.
Well, I'd rather pack than try and grocery shop with Millie.  But anything else.

Friday was beautiful.  We tried to picnic but...

I think Millie thinks "picnic" means run around like a crazy person.  Without shoes on.

We were joined by sweet friends.  Sure wish I could have enjoyed their company more, but like I said, crazy person.  I actually know crazy people don't all run around, so excuse the expression.

We got to house and dog sit for some friends.  Millie loved it.


She's trying to persuade them to play with her.

She's very convincing.

When we got home, we had an Easter package from G-Viv!  Millie loves the cute little Hello Kitty Easter Bunnies.  She'll love them all over again in her Easter basket.

She is so funny.  All of the sudden this girl loves to lay around.  Please excuse the creative P-jams.  We're desperate for a laundry day.  Someday we'll have a washer and dryer in our very own place.
So really, that's it.  Just a few fun pictures and a recap of what we did this weekend.  We also spent 8-10 hours watching General Conference, which was awesome.  I especially loved watching it while house sitting.  Millie could roam around, play with the dogs, or take a nap and we didn't get in her way.  I feel like a better wife, mother, and child of God just from watching it.

I did get bit by the craft bug though.  I think it's from trying to avoid packing.  Maybe it's from taking a trip to a wonderful fabric store (The Cotton Shop).  Who knows.  Really though, I bought some Amy Butler fabric 50% off this weekend.  My heart nearly beat out of my chest from walking around this store (for an entire hour, Millie on her best behavior) taking in all of the spring fabrics.  If only I had money to buy it all and projects to make.  It didn't help that the lady we were house sitting for is a quilter so I got to peek at some of her quilting fabrics.  Now I want to quilt.  Shucks.  And get good at embroidery (my new love).  Darn.  I guess I should finish what I already have going first.  I should probably learn to use my sewing machine too.  Then can I ask for a silhouette?  I guess I'll need a craft room too.  Yikes.

One last thing.  I'm 99% sure Millie told the dogs "bye" and waved when we left the house.  I can't wait to tell her speech therapist.

You'll hear from me later this week.  We're celebrating something special, and of course I'll want to talk about it.  You know me well.  Plus I can avoid packing.

3 comments:

  1. fun fun! well, happy packing! you will eventually get into the groove and you will be a mad woman. The hardest thing is starting! Love that sweet girl, Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Millie laying on the dogs is hilarious! And the weather was so nice we went on a picnic too! Who would have known Sunday morning would bring snow, haha! Crazy Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, millie is too cute! i love the pic of her with the puppies :)

    ReplyDelete