Thursday, August 1, 2013

Peaceful and Beautiful


We're at Siesta Key (wrapping up week 3) and loving it.  I've been surprised at how stressful it is for me to be here.  Keeping two kids safe, clean-ish, kind-ish, and fed in a busy house full of family doing the same for their kids is exhausting!  I do get help, but it still wears me out.

It's worth it though.  The beach is beautiful.  It warms my heart to see my children take to the sun, sand and water like they live in Florida or something.

The best part of it all is seeing my sweet cousins that I have loved and admired as babies doing the same to my sweet children.  They fuss over Louis, taking turns holding and singing to him.  I sort of wish we was more of a tiny baby so all of their hard work truly paid off.  They love my sweet Millie and endure her screaming, whining, and scowls when she's all-too-often grumpy these days.  They are always excited to see her even if she gives the impression the feeling isn't mutual just that second.  She has her good moments, and looks up to these kids so much.

I just crawled into bed and caught a glimpse of the most beautiful and peaceful face I've ever seen.  I'm sharing a bed with my sweet Millie.  It's amazing how just one sight can make your heart full and your mind race with thought that you need to write or you might burst.

I keep reminding myself that my kids are just this age for so long, soak up all you can.  I do.  I love it.  They are sweet, giggly, loving, and fun.  I do everything I can think of for them.  I do my best to capture these memories, not often in a blog post.  I'd like to blog more.  No promises :)

Just in case I still have any readers out there, what do you do to feel like you're still using your brain?  I'm not in school and my "job" requires lots of strength, patience, and endurance, but I don't find it mentally challenging.  What do you do to feel like you're still thinking and learning?

Here are a few pictures from our little vacation:






2 comments:

  1. So much fun! It looks beautiful there. And I can't believe your baby is almost 1!!! As for using my brain...I read lots of books. Can't say I use it for much else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. books all the way! read everything you can. maybe about a topic that interested you in school. I alternate between fiction and nonfiction to keep my mind exercised!

    ReplyDelete