Friday, January 1, 2010

5 Weeks Never Looked so Good!

Millie is over 5 weeks (and 29 weeks) old these days.

This picture doesn't really show how big she, but she has nearly doubled her birth weight. She now weighs 2 lbs 6 oz!


I fed her for the first time! That little syringe goes to her feeding tube that goes straight to her stomach. Currently she is eating pedialite (Gatoraid for babies) since we still can't figure out what is going on with her digestive situation. Hopefully we'll figure it out soon for her sake...this girl needs some calories! I wanted to feed her a cinnamon roll, but the doctors didn't agree.


We sure love holding her! We get to hold her for two hours every day.


And before we put her back to bed we get to kiss her!


I like to call this pose "splat" since she typically resembles a bug on a windshield after laying on us for an hour straight!


Here is a video of her being put back to bed. What an ordeal!


3 comments:

  1. She's definitely getting barbie size haha! I love her hair and my how far she's come!!!! She has great docs/nurses/and parents to thank for that! Nice try on the cinnamon roll Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister...5 weeks is looking just beautiful on that sweet little lady! It's amazing seeing how she has changed so much already. I love seeing her sprawl out when they lay her back in the bed!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to have each of my premie babies born in UT! These people get it!! I swear having touch time with baby is so crucial to their healing and development. Bottom line is I think the nurses here in the NC were lazy and didn't want to go through all that.
    A stayed in the hospital for 52 days and we didn't get to hold him until the last month prior to coming home. It was frustrating. I love the concept that UT nicu's have. HUMAN TOUCH, but more importantly the touch of their mother and father.

    ReplyDelete