Thursday, January 14, 2010

7 Weeks and Growing Strong!


New toys to match our new equipment! Thanks Aunt Janet (and girls) for the darling elephant.

Folks, the CPAP is here to stay...at least until its time to go to plain old oxygen.

We're proud of Millie for not getting back on the ventilator, and can't wait for the nasal cannula. That means we'll be able to pick her up all by ourselves!


She's still trying to figure out what this trunk is all about.


Millie is now up to full feeds on formula! She is digesting everything just wonderfully, too!

I know why...clearly this formula is pink. The other one was blue. They should have just asked me weeks ago which one I thought she'd take.


Millie met her adoring Aunt Betsey...


and Uncle Geoff.


She got her first "legal" tub bath and loved it. She also got her first shampooing!


I got to dry her off and hear her cry. She isn't hooked up to ANY equipment in this picture...like a normal baby! Except with oxygen blowing on her face. Close enough.


Millie had her first eye exam. I'm sure it will be one of many if she takes after me.


We finally hung her Christmas present by her bed.


And tried some of her new clothes on her!


She is weighing in at 2 pounds 13 ounces, and growing almost every day.

Every few days they ween her off the CPAP little by little, so I suspect she will be on the nasal cannula within two weeks. Hooray!

On the home front, we are finally preparing for having a baby. We've set up her "closet" in our room. It strangely resembles a book case with a curtain rod, but she'll never know the difference. We are also getting serious about strollers, car seats, and nursery motifs.

This past weekend I had the chance to go home to South Carolina to visit my brother. He was serving a mission for our Church in Las Vegas, Nevada, so I hadn't seen him for 2 years! It was great being all together again. We also squeezed in a baby shower for me, and it was wonderful. I received lots of darling things to put in Millie's closet. Thank you everyone!

Buck and I just did the math and realized we aren't even half way through with the NICU yet. Depressing, huh? That's if we bring her home on her due date. She may have to stay longer, it just depends on how she's eating and growing. We're making ourselves right at home there, and love the staff. It would be nice to have Millie at home, all to ourselves.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl, it will be over before you know it and then it will all seem like a dream! It was great to see you!! Millie looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats, she is growing great. I bet she goes home before her due date. Does she have any stages of ROP? ugh,,, I couldn't watch them do the exam. Even when we had to bring Aden for his eye exams after we brought him home, Bill had to hold him because my stomache was just too weak to watch. They take a paper clip looking thing and roll their eye. (after numbing meds) but I was the one who needed the numbing meds. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just so beautiful! I am so excited to hear how wonderful that little angel is growing! I think about y'all a lot! I can't wait to see more and more updates as she gets stronger and stronger! She'll be home in your arms before you know it!

    ReplyDelete