Sunday, December 5, 2010

Getting into the Christmas Spirit

Around here, we're finally in the Christmas Spirit!

It's taken a while...

We started by attending the Gingerbread House Festival a few weeks ago. It is put on by the Boy Scout Council and the Utah PTA.

Here are some of our favorite houses:
(You can't see the sign, but they give details of how much candy, gingerbread, and frosting they used. It was massive!)

A few scenes from UP!

The Biltmore House

Christmas at Fallingwater

"A Christmas Story" House. You can tell by the leg lamp in the lower right.

My personal favorite. The Pinkalicious house.

We've also got Millie wearing her "holiday" clothes to church.
I've always wanted these darling coats for my future daughter. When I saw the super deal on this one Black Friday I couldn't resist.


Thanks to my great camera skills, you really can't appreciate how cute this dress is!


We decorated our apartment and put some of the presents under the tree. Millie is really only interested in the ribbon.

Told you.

We still need to buy and mail a few more presents, but other than that we are very ready for our first Christmas, just the three of us.

Even though it won't be Millie's first Christmas, it will be her first Christmas at home. To us, that's close enough.

3 comments:

  1. That coat does look pretty cute, and the dress was darling in person! I'm glad you're all ready for christmas. We're putting up the tree this weekend!

    Give Millie a squeeze for me...I'm missing you all already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i just say i love reading your blog? your narrations for millie are hilarious (scott had to put his headphones in 'cause i kept laughing out loud and he is working on his last final...oops!). anyways, i totally wish i could have seen those gingerbread houses, they look AWESOME. we started a gingerbread house competition with scott's fam after we got married so we're always looking for cool ideas to inspire us :)

    millie is so stinkin' cute - i hope someday our two southern belles can have a tea party together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww miss y'all too, Jessica! We're really excited to visit!

    Darcey, thank you! I'm so glad you get my jokes :) I can't believe you put together gingerbread houses every year. I did it with a kit once and it wore me out! I totally appreciate even the not-so-good houses now. We will really have to take you up on the tea party. Millie just got her first tea set, so I'm showing her how it's done!

    ReplyDelete