Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy 4 Months Old Birthday, Millie!

Look at me! I'm so cute and big!


I even have blue eyes now! (and sometimes I like to make silly faces)


I get such fab sunlight in my room, I sometimes like to just lay around soaking it in.


Sorry for the posting delay. My computer is back to full health, but for some reason iphoto didn't load so blogger wouldn't let me post pictures. What is a post without pictures? I knew no one would read it haha.

And remember when I said I was only going to take a monthly Barbie picture? Well I forgot so refer to last weeks for her approximate size.

Can you believe it's already been 4 months since Millie was born? I can. It feels like it's been 8 months. Every day literally feels like 2 days because we visit Millie twice a day (or more) and there is a whole new set of people there at each shift.

I've been on Maternity Leave since Monday. I had all these big plans for what I was going to do with my "free time." Pshhh! Did you see this sweet girl? I can't leave her bedside! If I leave, it's so I can sleep, shower, and eat. Everything else will just have to wait.

Health Updates:
  1. This sweet baby is weighing in at approximately 7 pounds 4 ounces. A great weight for a micro preemie.
  2. Millie is now 41.5 weeks gestation, so she would have been born for sure by now.
  3. She is still keeping us on our toes with her eating habits. We cut down her calories (hasn't phased her weight gain haha), and now let her decide when she wants to eat 3-4 times a day. Yesterday we fed her back to back (8 & 11) in the morning and night, but let her sleep the rest of the day. She got 50% of her feedings in the morning, and 75%/2% at night. It's confusing, so let's just say she isn't ready to come home yet.
  4. Millie has been needing more oxygen these days. Her whole life she has been on the lower end of oxygen needs (21-23%), so when I noticed she was consistently turned up to 30 and 40% I asked her doctor about it. He ordered some labs and today she had a chest xray. He thinks she could possibly be sick. I think she just needs a break from the high altitude.
  5. It snowed today! It melted right away, but really? Snow? My new theory is that Millie is waiting until it's good and safe to go outside. She is not a fan of the cold. So let's say when it starts being warm all the time Millie will come home. Sound like a good goal?

So basically I'm dying for her to come home. She doesn't show any signs of being ready in the next few days. This is honestly the hardest part of the NICU experience for me. The end is near, but definitely not in sight. On top of that, I'm getting sad that I won't get to spend very much time learning how to be her Mom just the 2 of us her before the semester ends and we head to South Carolina to visit family. I love our families, and I'm excited for them to meet this sweet baby. I was just hoping to get a grip on the whole Motherhood thing before we took off. I only see her for about 8 hours a day now, so I would hardly consider myself a Millie expert.

On a side note, if you couldn't already tell I'm an independent person. I like to figure things out first, or at least try, before I go seeking help. That's how I'd like to be with figuring things out with Millie. I know other people aren't like that (like my sister, Lani, who is having a baby any day now welcomes as much help as anyone wants to give, and everyone is happy to help). I like to think I've always tried to be independent. I always liked to buy my own clothes with my babysitting money so I could spend whatever I wanted on the things I wanted (even if my Mom thought it was an outrageous amount). I also remember picking out outfits for school when I was little and my Mom reminding me over and over "prints and prints don't match!" Why not, there is pink in this shirt and pink in this skirt!? Thank heavens I've ironed out that confusion.

Enough about me. Well maybe not. So basically I'm busier than I ever thought I'd be. I spend every amount of energy I can muster up to helping Millie eat better and come home. I'm at the hospital by 7 AM every morning and leaving by 11:30 PM every night. I want to be there just in case she is hungry early or late. This girl has to prove her eating abilities to us all, and she is trying bless her heart.

Love her. Can't wait to spend 24 hours straight with her and her sweet little personality.

3 comments:

  1. Oh bless your heart again and again! I'll say an extra prayer because I want you to be a Millie expert ASAP! And don't feel bad, I was always trying to wear the same color top and bottom for some reason...and other ridiculous fashion statements I won't mention because the pictures are painful enough haha. Sending love to the Bagwells for infinity and beyond...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! We love Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you remember us, but we used to be in your ward at BYU. I've been following pretty little Millie and am so amazed by your family.
    I hope she is able to go home soon! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete