Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Quick Update

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update, but before we get to that enjoy some pictures from Millie's 3 Month Birthday!










The surgery went well, and the doctor was very pleased with his work...always a good sign if you ask me!


We love our eye doctor, but sometimes he is a little unclear with things. It turns out we misunderstood our original conversation. Remember how I was worried about waiting a week to see if the surgery worked? Well now it looks like it will take up to a month!



  • The good news is that we won't have to stay in the hospital waiting around on her eyes anymore. All she needs to do now is eat all on her own and then we can bring her home! We can just set up appointments and take her to the eye doctor like normal people.
  • Millie doesn't look anything like those pictures above at the moment. She is still in a great deal of pain so she isn't moving much and is letting the ventilator breath for her. Can you blame her? We are thinking things will start looking better around the 24 hour mark. We took a picture of her as a big baby on the ventilator with all the IV's, but that will have to come in another post.
  • Remember when Millie had her heart surgery? It is called a PDA. Last night a baby right next to her had the same surgery at the same time as her eye surgery! It was a crazy night for the NICU. We were thankful to be able to spend time with the parents of the other baby and share with them a parent perspective on the heart surgery. Everything went well for both babies thankfully.
  • I'm feeling much better about the whole situation. You'd think it would be worse waiting a whole month, but strangely enough I feel better. I know that is a result of much prayer on our behalf. Thank you so much for asking heaven to pour down blessings on our little family.
  • We have received so much support from our friends and family. Last night I received the sweetest, most concerned email from my young cousin Elle. It brought a few tears to my eyes to hear how upset she was for Millie. Buck's sisters family endured hours in the waiting room just to offer us support. We appreciate it all, thank you.

P.S. I did bullet points because blogger keeps messing up my spacing and I don't have time to research how to fix it. Anyone know how to keep the spacing the way I set it when I hit publish? It's hard to read when it's all smooshed!

5 comments:

  1. My last post I had problems with spacing, I just had to fix it the way I wanted a few times and hit save and it finally got the hint! Oh my heart goes out to y'all and so do my prayers but I know our Father in Heaven is with you guys and that sweet little girl! He certainly loves her so! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, thanks for sharing the latest on Miss Millie! We are glad to hear the surgery went well. Love you guys - Aunt Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's beautiful, glad surgery went well! I'm starting to see that she is looking like a few relatives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glady Millie is doing so well. I have really enjoyed following her progress the last few months. She is such a cute baby.
    ~Jennifer Khalil Killgore

    ReplyDelete