Monday, March 29, 2010

Helping Millie and Babies Like Millie

I've recently become familiar with the March of Dimes.  I think I have found a charity that speaks straight to my heart!  Here is a little picture displaying how premature babies have benefited from research funded in part by the March of Dimes.

See if you can pick out where Millie has been blessed:




We've been blessed with only having lung, heart, and eye issues so far.  After reading into each of these areas, I am so thankful Millie has been born in a time when she can benefit from all of this research.  Even just 10 years ago, her "out of the hospital" life could be dramatically different.


I looked up all of the March of Dimes events in Utah and the Carolina's, and unfortunately I won't be in town for any of them!  Thankfully I have a dear friend, Mary, that has decided to March for Millie.


Mary has a humble goal of raising $100 for the March of Dimes in April.  I was so touched that she thought of our sweet family and signed up for the event, so I thought I'd do what I could and help her raise some money.


If you are interested in donating any amount to Mary's walk please do so here.


Thanks to our handy google analytics I know we have at least 500 blog "followers."  Don't worry, I can't see who you are, just the town you live in.  I figured if all 500 of y'all donated 25 cents to Mary she would more than meet her goal!  And if you were feeling generous, I'm sure she'd accept $1 (or more).


At the very least, I hope you understand how Millie has directly benefited from this organization.  If Millie has benefited from several of their major research findings, you can only imagine how much they have helped other babies.


Here's to healthy babies!


P.S. I know the picture is partially cut off, and I'm sorry I can't fix it!  I copied the picture from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment