Thursday, December 17, 2009

3 Weeks and Counting!

Millie couldn't decide between them.


This was the first time we weighed her all by ourselves! Well, we were supervised of course. 1 lb 13 ounces.


As a special treat, Daddy got to brush her hair! Yes, I realize she looks very tan. I swear Buck is the father.


We're currently in between Internet providers so our posts are a little delayed. Sorry about that.

Millie is having some lower GI tests tomorrow that will hopefully provide some answers (or dismiss concerns) so she can start taking milk again. She will also be getting a new PICC line, poor thing. I hate getting poked, and can remember it vividly (from just 3 weeks ago) so I really feel for her. She's a good girl, she never complains.

She had another clean brain scan today! Last night we joined the Parent's Network for a pizza party. We met several couples that have babies currently in the NICU. We, of course, have the youngest and smallest child. We feel really blessed though. The entire group got on the topic of brain bleeds, and I got the impression that nearly every parent there had experienced their child having one. They provided some comfort just in case Millie has one. Just when you think you are already counting your blessings...

We were also warned (from the parents) that Millie will most likely go home on oxygen and a monitor. Don't worry though, it sounds like she will still be able to travel with all this equipment. That was our biggest concern. We need to get this girl to the south!

I'm really excited about her hitting the 1,000 gram mark so I can "legally" touch her without gloves. For those of you that aren't used to grams (who is?!?), she currently weighs 835 grams.

I love being around this sweet little girl. She is beginning to look a lot like Buck to me. I actually have to resist the urge to kiss her, and my heart keeps telling me to pick her up! Wish I could.

4 comments:

  1. break my heart. you keep up that hard work niki. go millie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big! Yay, Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the family photo! Tooooo sweet! I wish you could pick her up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this I love this I love this!!!! She'll be 1000 grams before you know it!

    ReplyDelete