Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bright-Eye'd and Bushy-Tailed

Millie had a really big week. Here are a few of the highlights:

Millie is now official to the U.S. Government! I'm not going to say her number, but I want you to know it's an easy one. We're proud.

(I did have a picture of this piece of mail, but publishing my address like that might not be so smart!)

She is now sporting this lovely robotic arm. At least I think it looks that way. Her arm is still there and just dandy, she now has an IV that requires all this extra whiteness.


After I told her about her Uncle Xan's recent root canal, she insisted I take a picture of her tooth brush to encourage his good oral hygiene. It's HUGE, but yes, we clean her mouth with that.


And the moment we've all been waiting for....

Millie opened her eyes for us!


Favorite quote of the movie: " It's true, you have eyeballs."

I'm so eloquent.

Hope you enjoyed sharing our special moments with us!

Millie is still growing and doing wonderfully. You may notice her feeding tube is looking a little on the green side in some of the pictures. She may have an infection (she's already on antibiotics) in her tummy so they have stopped her feedings for now. We hope to get to the bottom of this tonight. Everyone seems calm about it, like it's a common situation, so we aren't too worried. Please keep her in your prayers, I know she will get better!

9 comments:

  1. Yes! Just what I've been dying to see! Are her eyes brown?? I know baby's eyes change colors but...brown is best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy she's opened her eyes!!!! That's amazing! She's such a fighter....already building her immunity that a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Go Millie!!! That is so awesome.. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey funny thing, that's my favorite quote of the movie too!! Of course aside and under the fact that she did open those little sweet peepers! Love it and am too excited for you guys! Keep up the great work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooooo sweet! I love your narration Niki! I am so Excited for ya'll and Millie! She is doing sooo great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats on such an awesome little baby girl. I'm so happy for you guys and so glad to be able to read of her progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness what kind of friend am I? I didn't realize you had her!!! It looks like the Drs. and Nurses are doing a very excellent job with her. She looks great to be so early! We have a friend here who had her baby VERY early and he's doing quite well also. Thank God for medical advancement and those smart men and women! Well congratulations on your beautiful Millie. She's a champ just like her mama. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay so I went through EVERYTHING I missed from your updates. Tears came quite easily. What a special girl you have Niki. Miracles don't just happen for Heavenly Father to show that they still exist, she has a special purpose here on this earth, you just get ready to watch her grow into the sweetest little spirit you've ever met. I'm sorry that things didn't happen the way we expect them to, but I know how strong you are physically and spiritually and you are amazing. She's beautiful and I LOVE her beautiful boyfriend by the way. ;) Sorry, Edward distracts me. I'm so thankful for all of the support you have through this and all of the many prayers being poured out for this sweet little daughter of God. I promise to keep up now that I know what's going on. Sorry I was living in my own little bubble of the "problems" I thought I was having. I'm off of bedrest now and will be watching for your updates and praying along with the rest of her fan club. =) I love you and I am so grateful you get to experience the wondrous journey of motherhood. I love you!

    ReplyDelete