Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snug as a Bug: Happy 4 Weeks, Millie!

You might not be able to tell her size here, but she has passed the 2 pound mark! We're so proud of you, Millie. Thank you, Ahbi, for Millie's Christmas quilt.


She LOVES sleeping on her tummy wrapped in a blanket. Heaven for Miss Millie.


What's not to love?


It's hard to believe she is 4 weeks old already. Last night she moved to a new spot in the NICU that gives us some more privacy and quite. She also switched ventilators, and is slowing being taken off of this one. We're really excited about her breathing on her own soon hopefully!

Tonight I was supposed to hold her for the first time, but the professional opinion of the evening shift though it would be better for us to wait until tomorrow. Boo. She needed her oxygen turned up a few times and she began feeding again today. I was extremely disappointed, but I want to do what is best for her.

Her doctors have decided to try feeding her formula for a week to see how she digest it. There is a theory that she might be allergic to something I am eating. In the mean time, I have been put on a dairy-free diet. After a week or so, we will try feeding her my milk again. In addition to no milk, I'm also supposed to be staying away from orange juice, nuts, and eggs. Any ideas for breakfast? It looks like I'm now limited to oatmeal. Anything for Millie!

Tomorrow I truly, truly, truly hope I get to hold my baby. We promise a video of it whenever it happens! Stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. So excited. Each milestone makes me so happy. I've told my mom all about Millie and I update her upon every post. I'm so happy for her. You on the other hand...tough diet. Anything for our kids, right? Hope you can figure out the milk/allergy issue quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I double BOO that! I'll look for the video tomorrow then...

    What's with the glove?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. i never did go off dairy. keep up the unselfish work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhhhh I can't wait for you to hold that sweet little bundle of love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to watch you holding Millie for the first time!!!! She is so beautiful! Considering she's not 40 weeks yet I can't believe all that hair..and you know I'm a fan of hair!! Way to go on the "anything for Millie" part! Happy 4 weeks Millie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We came up with some breakfast suggestions: drink cranberry juice, eat dry cereal, oh I know...have 1/2 a grapefruit like grandma and grandpa used to!! What about grits? Pancakes, waffles, muffins?? Haha. I don't know...

    ReplyDelete