Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Happy 2 Week Birthday, Millie!


She's come a long way, so to celebrate we decided to give her a photo shoot with her boyfriend!



Does she look any bigger? Do you recognize the handsome man in the plastic bag?


Recognize him now?
That's right folks! It's Edward Cullen, Barbie Style. Perfect for Millie, I'd say! Matt and Jessica, Millie told me to tell you "Thanks" for the Birthday present!


The good news is that she IS bigger! Millie now weighs a whopping 1 lb 11 ounces! No longer can we compare her to a pound of butter...she's much more like a pound and a half of butter. What? You don't think of your child in terms of butter?

In other news Millie is testing out a fancy new monitor for the hospital. It was time to change some of her lines anyways, so this was an appropriate move. She also got a new breathing machine. I think that means we are closer to being able to hold her but I'm not sure. She is taking my milk well, and I heard tonight she is close to opening up her eyes!

Buck and I are still doing great. It is getting harder for me to be away from her. Did you see her picture? Then you understand. She's adorable and I love her. I try to limit my visits because she grows when she is deep in sleep. Distracting her too much could prevent her growth. Heaven knows I want to bring her home, so I certainly want her growing! It's not too hard to limit my visits since work keeps me busy for most of the day (and night sometimes). Buck is staying busy with his school work. We are both trying to avoid getting sick so we can visit her.

Thank you all so much for praying for us. She is a miracle, and I know Heavenly Father has heard all of these prayers in our behalf.

5 comments:

  1. Well well well miss Millie! I am a little jealous of your boyfriend! Haha, that's hilarious. Happy 2 week Birthday!

    Niki,
    I am so happy that she is doing well! I think that you guys are amazing. I hope that she continues to grow and amaze us all. I love you all and can't wait until I can meet my new 2nd cousin. Is that right? I don't know, I guess cousin would work. Congratulations!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a little darling! oh my gosh, she is so cute and we're very glad to hear that you all are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is so awesome!!!! Go Millie and good job Niki and Buck you 2 are great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how much of an inspiration little Millie is!! She such a beautiful angel! Your story has struck my heart and I've been praying for y'all! Being a mother is one of the best gifts you will have...I know I don't need to tell you that though. You already know :) What a little blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so sweet. Your mom just led me to this site. Now I can keep track of her better. Grandma Sharon hasn't done a very good job with the updates. I pray all goes well and she continues to grow.

    ReplyDelete