Thursday, December 24, 2009

Rock-a-bye Baby


It's true, I finally got to hold Millie. And I have a video to prove it! I've been trying for days to post this video, but I haven't been successful with blogger. Thankfully YouTube likes me, so you can find that video here.

Here is a picture to tide you over:


Warning: I was under the impression I wouldn't be holding her until that night so I was still in my PJ's and not showered (those 7 am hospital visits require PJ's), and we didn't bring our video camera so we borrowed Buck's Mom's digital camera. And yes, I purposely make my hair look that good.

What an ordeal just to hold a baby, huh? She loved it and I promise she fell asleep in my arms if only for a second. It was great.

We were given the okay to hold her twice a day, so Buck got to hold her for the first time Wednesday night. He, of course, was all showered.


We originally just held her as pictured above for 30 mins, but her doctors think she would benefit more from us holding her "skin to skin" for an hour twice a day. This means we put her on our bare chest and let her sleep. I keep it pretty modest, so this is me doing "skin to skin."

Touching her skin felt like a pony's nose (or so Grandpa LaMar says). Trust me, it was the softest thing I've ever felt. I loved every second of it.

Oh yes, one of the nurses went out of her way to find a premie outfit that would fit Millie. I wouldn't say it fit well, but Millie has a PICC line in her head so her outfit has to be put on without pulling anything over her head.

By the way, the outfit clearly has another baby's name printed in it. Kind of reminded me of Great Grandma in the nursing home. Sometimes we saw other patients wearing clothes marked "Mary Kendrick" across the back.

Thanks for the onesie Kajah!

And Millie had her picture made with Santa! I think it went well.


By the way, we had a fabulous Christmas. Millie got more gifts than anyone, so thank you everyone! We all received tons of nice, thoughtful gifts. One of my favorite gifts (I loved it all, I promise!) was a pink bell with hearts on it for my bike from Buck's parents. Pretty soon here I'll need a seat attachment so Millie can ride with me. Oh yes, and I got to talk to Xan on his mission, but unfortunately he's completely forgotten all the lines to Elf. I think I know what we'll be watching when he comes home (January 6th). See you soon Elder K!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my it just touches me that you finally got to hold her! I can only imagine the joy! Too happy for you guys!!! And she certainly loved Santa in spite of that little foot kicking towards him... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you proud parents! It's amazing to see how much she's grown! She is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! I am so happy for you that ya'll are getting to hold her!! I know that is just the best!! Looking forward to seeing you next week!

    ReplyDelete